Concert Operations Manager
Concert Operations Manager
For over 30 years, Global Arts Live has brought exceptional global music and dance to stages across greater Boston. We aspire to transcend borders, cultivate community, and enrich lives. We invest in deep relationships with artists, support them with commissions, develop audiences for their work, and create connections to under-represented immigrant populations and communities of color in our region. Since inception, Global Arts Live has presented more than 800 artists from 70+ countries in over 1,500 performances attended by more than 1 million people. With an artistic vision focused on cultural diversity, many of our artistic projects express universal themes of identity, immigration, heritage, and inclusion. 70% of presented artists identify as BIPOC. Audience surveys show that our audiences roughly correlate to the Boston area population with 23% of our audiences identifying as BIPOC and 44% speaking a language other than English.
Global Arts Live is ushering in an unprecedented phase of growth and innovation. The organization completed a strategic plan and a rebranding campaign and hired a new CEO to augment the work of the Founder. Global Arts Live is the launch and operating partner of a new $40M BIPOC-centered performing arts complex that will open in 2026 in Kendall Square, Cambridge.
CONCERT OPERATIONS MANAGER JOB OVERVIEW
Global Arts Live is currently seeking a Concert Operations Manager to manage all aspects of logistics, artist hospitality, and concert production support at multiple venues in greater Boston. You will also assist in box office, marketing, day-to-day IT management, and other office support and administrative duties. You will play a critical role in presenting extraordinarily diverse artists in many aspects of concert production, as well as logistics and support functions in nonprofit arts administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Concert Operations Representative
- Serve as primary liaison to advance and fulfill all concert-related requests and requirements while working within designated concert production budgets.
- Spearhead planning and execution of all concert events.
- Direct artists, artist representatives, venue staff, and outside contractors via proactive, thoughtful communication to ensure a successful performance and maintain strong relationships.
- Serve as the onsite Global Arts Live representative at venues among artists, agents, venue staff, etc.
- Manage staging, security, sound and lighting equipment, backline, insurance, transport, hotel, and backstage hospitality needs, and other duties.
- Secure program copy from artist management and oversee and/or implement design and printing of concert programs (physical and digital).
- Coordinate master class and other community engagement logistics when applicable.
- Maintain hospitality and office supplies inventory.
- Negotiate and solicit quotes from production vendors.
- Track production expenses and oversee financial reconciliation of performances, including invoice payment, petty cash reconciliations and reimbursements; produce financial settlements for artist management companies when applicable.
- Participate in maintaining and updating production-related documents and equipment inventory.
- Support cross-departmental projects that have artist and performance implications, including but not limited to, special events, and educational and audience engagement initiatives.
- Oversee, issue, and track department contracts and payments for agreements (venue rentals, artist and management contracts, independent contractors, and commissioning costs).
- Work with Director of Artistic Programs and finance department, and artists/management companies to ensure appropriate state and federal tax withholding.
Other Duties As Time Permits
- Under direction of Box Office Manager, assist in ticketing and database management.
- Under direction of Director of Marketing, acquire promotional assets from artists, create and deploy email campaigns, update community outreach database and local event calendars, and maintain website, among other tasks.
- Under direction of Business Manager, and liaising with external IT contractor, handle day-to-day office IT administration such as MS Office password setups and changes, network and printer troubleshooting.
To succeed in this position, you will possess these qualities, skills, and experience:
- Minimum two years of experience in concert operations required. Theater production experience and live performance production background preferred.
- Understanding of technical production including lighting, audio, video. Professional experience in at least one discipline is a plus.
- Detail-oriented self-starter who can efficiently handle multiple projects. simultaneously, excels in a fast-paced environment, and is willing to take on a variety of tasks, with impeccable follow-through.
- Ability to thoughtfully analyze situations, problem-solve, persevere despite unfamiliar territory and desire to always strive to exceed expectations.
- Proactive, strong communicator skills with ability to remain tactful and supportive in stressful situations and with proven ability to achieve results when working collaboratively with a wide range of people, cultures, and ideas.
- Regular M-F office hours (remote work permitted for 40% of week) plus evening and weekend hours during performance season (September - June).
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Driver’s license required.
- Please keep in mind that research shows that traditional candidates apply for jobs for which they fulfill 60% of the criteria. Systematically marginalized people including women tend to apply only if they meet every requirement. If you believe you could excel in this position, we encourage you to apply.
This is a full-time, exempt position with an annual salary ranging from $45,000 to $60,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include health, dental, disability and life insurance; SIMPLE Cafeteria flexible spending account; paid vacation, sick, and personal days; and 10 paid holidays.
- Please create a single pdf with your cover letter, resume, and references. In your cover letter please mention how you heard of this opportunity.
- Email the pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Concert Ops, Last Name, First Initial”, in both the email subject line and pdf name.
- You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible since interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
- No postal mail, no phone calls, please.
- References will not be contacted without applicant permission.
Reflecting the artists we present and the audiences we serve, Global Arts Live is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates demonstrating diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and national origin. Global Arts Live is committed to creating a work environment that values respect, integrity, diversity, and inclusion.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level, Entry Level
Job Function : Administrative, Customer Service