Ticketing/Box Office Director
Ticketing/Box Office Director
The Rialto Theatre Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the stewardship and preservation of the historic Rialto Theatre, a unique entertainment venue and a cornerstone of downtown Tucson, offering a broad range of high-quality performing arts that reflects the diverse and vibrant community it serves. The Foundation also oversees the mid-size downtown performance venue, 191 Toole, and the hip drinking establishment, R Bar.
The Rialto Theatre Foundation seeks a qualified Ticketing/Box Office Manager with experience in the nonprofit sector to oversee all box office operations. This is a full-time position with a starting salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include PTO, health insurance, flex home/office hours, and free admission to shows.
The Box Office Director will serve as part of an integrated team of professionals working to achieve the mission of the Foundation. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently are essential.
The ideal candidate is personable, flexible, and self-directed, with outstanding customer service skills; is detail-oriented, able to follow instructions precisely, review documents for accuracy, and able to manage rotating deadlines; has exceptional oral and written communication skills and a high level of integrity and professional maturity; can work in a fast-paced work environment and multi-task; able to develop and revise systems and procedures. Box office experience preferred.
● Manages calls and online requests through forms and emails and assists patrons in a friendly and
professional manner, especially in high-touch situations
● Oversees all box office department operations, hires, and trains all box office staff on customer service policies & procedures
● Manages ticketing software system (a Ticketmaster subsidiary) for Rialto Theatre & 191 Toole
● Builds all ticketed events, checking against contracts and offers for accurate timeline; provides ticket audits, event page links, and other information for partners
● Responsible for proofing and maintaining the accuracy of information for 191 Toole & Rialto websites
● Regularly develops, improves, and implements box office procedures and policies
● Communicates ticketing, ADA, and VIP information to Theatre managers (including hearing impaired patrons / coordinating ASL interpreters as needed)
● Maintains a box office handbook for onboarding and employee reference (periodic updates
periodically required) and meets regularly with box office staff for training
● Schedules and manages box office event staff for 191 Toole and Rialto shows and oversees time tracking
● Resolves patron questions, concerns, problems
● Provides accurate reports & show audits as required by outside promoters and agencies
● Other duties as defined by the scope of the position
● Self-motivated, self-starter, friendly, energetic, and an effective and efficient communicator
● Able to uphold a tone of collaboration, respect, optimism, and professionalism, both internally and
externally, while maintaining composure in a fast-paced setting
● Exceptional personal ethics and cash handling skills
● Experience with Ticketmaster or TM1 highly desired
● Experience with nonprofits preferred
● Familiarity with grants, scholarship, and donor management software is desirable
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office Outlook.
Location / Schedule
● Flex home/office hours; regular weekday shifts with some nights/weekends required
Job Type : Full-Time