Vice President of Programming and Engagement
Vice President of Programming and Engagement
Reporting to the President/Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Programming and Engagement is a transformative leader responsible for overseeing and executing creative vision, strategy, and collaboration across the Programming, Venue Rentals and Engagement/Education teams to deliver business and mission growth to Marcus Performing Arts Center (MPAC). This role will be responsible for expanding and overseeing programming in ways that define and differentiate the MPAC brand as a community destination for diverse commercial, cultural, and community experiences that foster appreciation of the arts throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee programming, venue rentals and community engagement and education operations.
• Develop and implement programming strategy and operational processes for MPAC to maximize programming revenue, elevate visibility, and diversify offerings.
• Develop strategies and programming to advance educational opportunities for students and adults in southeastern Wisconsin to interact with the arts in ways that connect and inspire.
• Maintain wide-ranging knowledge of touring artists (existing and emerging), industry and artistic trends, deal structure options as well as constructive relationships with agents and artist managers.
• Develop and implement venue usage strategies and goals. Produce and oversee the annual booking calendar and ensure a balanced schedule of facility use among MPAC and Resident Partners. Oversee all aspects of venue rental client booking and scheduling of venue space.
• Develop and manage department budgets; provide senior management approval of department expenditures, ensuring that MPAC makes good business decisions, balancing financial, mission, and guest experience goals.
• Oversee Broadway partnership contract with responsibility for financial budgets, projections, settlement, and performance in collaboration with the CEO and CFO.
• Be an enthusiastic spokesperson for the Center’s mission as well as all the work performed in our venues by Resident Partner Companies and other community groups.
• Oversee relationship cultivation with local arts partners, promoters, rental clients and southeastern Wisconsin’s community cultural groups.
• Manage Directors in areas of responsibility, coaching and guiding to ensure attainment of annual objectives.
• Responsible for sound fiscal management of all programs, identifying ways to increase revenue and decrease costs. Perform analysis of financial reports and work with program and finance staff to prepare, monitor, and achieve operating budgets and strategic metrics.
• Serve as a liaison with the Board of Directors, providing as needed communications and updates on programs, staff, and other related issues.
Education and Experience
• Minimum 10-12 years in live theater/content management, and/or development.
• Minimum 10-12 years of programming, booking and performance management.
• Experience within the Entertainment Industry in a senior management position.
• Bachelor’s degree in arts administration, marketing or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A commitment to the performing arts and arts education.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic vision for performing arts programming; working knowledge of best practices in arts education and performing arts community engagement.
• Ability to be appreciative of diverse perspectives, and a commitment to the organization’s initiatives regarding racial equity, diversity, and inclusion (REDI).
• Successful experience in the business of performing arts presenting, including agency relationships, contract negotiations, deal structures, performance marketing, facility rentals, and a working knowledge of technical requirements.
• Demonstrated understanding of production presentation techniques and trends across multiple genres, venues, and indoor and outdoor locations.
• A sophisticated negotiator of contracts, including Broadway and commercial events, thoroughly familiar with commercial practices and deal points. Deep connections and relationships with the major agents and agencies in the commercial and non-profit presenting world.
• Prior responsibility in daily P&L management and budget oversight.
• Extensive knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, public relations, advertising & media relations, and event planning.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that regularly includes evenings and weekends to attend performances and other events, including some travel.
• Excellent creative vision, delegation, and prioritization skills. Demonstrated ability to build and implement strategy, instilling accountability, achieving goals, and empowering staff through leadership and support.
• Professional work history in the non-profit arts sector strongly encouraged.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Executive
Job Function : ""